Launceston Obstetrics & Gynaecology has two highly qualified obstetrician gynaecologists who are experienced in diagnosing and sensitively treating a range of women’s health issues, from young adulthood through to the later stages of life.
We appreciate that women often find gynaecological consultations difficult and challenging and aim to sensitively deal with the issues and personalise care to achieve the best outcomes possible.
Each of our gynaecologists has an area of special interest or expertise as well as a detailed understanding of the broad field of gynaecology. They all undertake gynaecological consultations and minor surgical procedures in the rooms and all are Gynaecological Surgeons performing a wide range of gynaecological procedures.
Surgical procedures such as hysterectomies are generally performed at St Vincent’s Hospital for private patients.
Each of our gynaecologists has an impeccable record of care over years in providing care for patients in Launceston and the surrounding areas with some of our gynaecologists having the privilege of providing care for 3 generations within one family and of caring for many individual patients from young adulthood, through childbirth and then dealing with their gynaecological issues of older age.
The gynaecological services we provide include:
- Colposcopy and management of abnormal pap smears as well as the surgical treatments of LLETZ and Cone Biopsy if required. All our gynaecologists are Certified Colposcopists with C-QuIP.
- Contraceptive advice including the insertion of Mirena IUD and Implanon
- Management of heavy periods and menstrual irregularities
- Management of fibroids
- Infertility investigation and treatment including Clomiphene induction of ovulation
- Investigation and management of PCOS
- Investigation and management of recurrent miscarriage
- Management of ovarian cysts
- Management of pregnancy complications e.g. miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- Management of endometriosis
- Investigation and management of pelvic pain
- Investigation and management of prolapse and urinary incontinence
- Investigation and management of post-menopausal bleeding
- Investigation and management of vulval disorders (particularly Dr Hooper)
The surgical procedures performed by our gynaecologists include:
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopies
- Laparoscopy for management of endometriosis, ovarian cysts as well as laparoscopic assisted hysterectomies and total laparoscopic hysterectomies
- Hysterectomy -either vaginal, abdominal or laparoscopic (keyhole hysterectomies)
- Endometrial ablation including Novasure ablations
- Laparoscopy or laparotomy for removal of ovarian cysts
- Pelvic floor prolapse surgery
- Anti-incontinence procedures
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy for women at high risk of ovarian or breast cancers (carriers of BRCA gene mutation)
- Surgical management of Bartholins cyst or abscess.
- LLETZ or cone biopsy to manage cervical dysplasia
During your postoperative stay at St Vincents Hospital you will be reviewed daily by your gynaecologist and a follow up appointment will be made prior to discharge.